IT/Security Industry Challenges, how can we become better at our game?
For a relatively fast, dense, noisy introduction, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=516Z420BgkE from OWASP BeNeLux 2018.
It can seem that the cyber security industry has evolved ways of working, and preferences in solutions and methods, as a series of point solutions that have become accepted traditions / rituals, rather than as a collective effort at forward thinking. A vendor-led industry mainly driven by technical experts may have come up with the best overall strategies to solve the incredibly complex problems of cyber security, but it doesn’t feel that way.
The aim of this track will be to answer the following questions by the end of the week:
- What are current strategies, explicit or implicit, that the industry uses or advocates as a whole?
- What are the underlying assumptions of the current strategies?
- Are those underlying assumptions valid?
- Assuming those strategies are incorrect, what are the correct strategies the industry should be using, to solve the problems it faces?
- What methodologies should be used to create or find, and test, the correct strategies?
- Can we learn from other practitioners in related areas as a useable “hack” to choose effective new strategies rapidly?
- Is this area of study financially or practically viable?
Total sessions for this track: 5
NOTE: unless the sessions have a little lock icon, exact session days/times are not final and can change.
Sessions not mapped to any day or time
- Security Challenges - Analyse others
(back to all track's schedule)
Working Sessions 5
Here are the working sessions that are currently being planned.
|Security Challenges - An Introduction||Strategic Challenges||Introduction and overview|
|Security Challenges - Analyse others||Strategic Challenges||What strategies are already in use?|
|Security Challenges - Analysis, Analogies||Strategic Challenges||Next step, analyse cyber security in very general terms|
|Security Challenges - Collate others' strategies and assumptions||Strategic Challenges||Collate results from Wednesday.|
|Security Challenges - Next step||Strategic Challenges||Is this viable? Where do we go?|
User Sessions 0
Here are the users sessions that are currently being planned.
If you want to be involved please make the changes on GitHub and send a Pull Request with your ideas.
If you feel that there is missing working session that we NEED to have at the Summit, please create it.
|Organizers||Nick Drage Nick Drage|