Training Session Video
(below are draft sessions note, please add missing content and improve on them)
What is the tolerance and capacity levels of vulnerabilities or issues to go live with for each team? How long can they be tolerated, time limits..
Common language, terminology, with business.
Asset depreciation for security risk.
Value return on spend on specific controls, how to measure. Use maps?
Where do you spend your money, on fixing issues which are fast to fix or slow? Does that make business sense? WHat is the window of opportunity for not spending it on the slow ones? What would be the damage?
Service Risk indicators
Pre-summit session - 2 hr this week on Risk Budgeting.
- next week*
- starting with the concept of risk budgeting and then doing prep for the summit session
- outcomes from this session: terminology & glossary
- Omer to convert the blog post to a repo
- Align to established Finance terms
- Technical lag
- time to update
- Dpendency drift
- Cost of delay
- Dependency drift
- need to include requirement to demonstrate & evidence value gained
- all registrant to this session to be invited to doodle
- Douglas Hubbert - how to measure anything in Cyber Security risk
- Doug Hubbard Is Risk leading the factor or is it following the considerations tely) : https://www.howtomeasureanything.com/cybersecurity/ tely) : thanks
- Risk budget or budgets for risk factors. Risk factors contribute to likelihood or consequence measure the factors and estimate the risk matter, which should be measured tely) : So are risk factors the same as proxy measures?
Notable logs from the chat during the session
00:39:40 Phil Huggins: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oracuk/oisru/master/universe-scope.png
00:39:51 Phil Huggins: https://blog.blackswansecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/Risk.jpg
00:42:43 Phil Huggins: https://blog.blackswansecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/GQM-Approach.png
01:12:23 Haydn Brooks (Risk Ledger): Risk is also highly contextual, agree with Ben
02:00:34 Martin: Need to be careful on the whole correlation not implying causation
Back to list of all Working Sessions